Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Serial Communication/Endianness Post

I just posted a new article to my Embeddedrelated.com blog about endianness and serial communication.  It discusses what endianness is and why it's important to serial communication. It also has a tutorial on transmitting data from a microcontroller to a PC an plotting it using Octave.  This is part of the data processing aspect of my stoplight costume.  I'm using Octave to develop DSP techniques to process the accelerometer data to determine whether or not the person wearing the costume is in motion - part of this is getting the data out of the microcontroller and on to the PC.  That's what the article discusses. When I start documenting the software aspects of the costume I'll write about the actual DSP techniques used to process the data, but for now you can read the article.

No comments: